Anyone that knows me knows I read all the time. Many people know that I have a book with me all the time as well, usually in the form of my Kindle in my handbag. I’m also not above carrying a hardcover or softcover book in a very large handbag.
In addition to fiction, I enjoy mind-expanding and thought provoking non-fiction. I tend to read non-fiction slower than fiction. It’s usually denser than a murder mystery page-turner, plus I tend to underline, mark-up and re-read various passages, not to mention re-copy them into my little note book I keep for those quotes and ideas that interest me. I’m sure I’m not the only one that does this.
Here’s a list of books in my pile (e-Reader and books with covers) that I plan on tackling over the next few months for enlightenment and empowerment (in no particular order).
Won’t you join me in the discussion of what we can do to better ourselves? What books are you reading?
- Womenomics — Katy Kay and Claire Shipman
- Confidence Code — Katy Kay and Claire Shipman
- Big Magic – Elizabeth Gilbert
- I Moved Your Cheese: For Those Who Refuse to Live as Mice in Someone Else’s Maze — Deepak Malhotra
- The Gifts of Imperfection — Brene Brown
- Wake Up Women — Dorri C. Scott
- Rising Strong – Brene Brown
© Suzan D. Herskowitz